About Me

My photo
:) Thanks for visiting my page! My name is Caroline and I go to Baruch College!

Monday, March 24, 2014

Creativity & New Media


For virtual world, I decided to do my assignment on an iPhone app called “Episode Interactive”.

This is me. 


In a virtual world of “Episode Interactive”, my name is Naomi. I am a college girl who dorms with a spy friend named Angie and tries to solve the mystery at her school. This is my exciting second life away from my mundane college life.



In “Episode Interactive”, I can write the story or play a part in someone else’s story. Either way, there are options that I can choose such as what I want to wear or what I want to do next. 





Just like in real life, I can choose different paths in life. Depending on which path I choose, my future changes. Thus, writing a story for this application is very time consuming. Besides, I can’t use my phone to write the story. I can only play written stories on my phone.I have to use my laptop for writing new stories. I have to use certain formats to create the scenes and dialogues or else, it will keep showing errors. For example, if I want to use the blue bed for my background, I have to type in "INT. ANGIE BED - DAY”, and for red bed, "INT. ANGIE BED RED - DAY. For more advanced story writers, there are options for the characters to do certain animations or movements such as blinking, turning around, walking in/out the room. I love how I can also invite friends to play in my story or let strangers play in my story. Because of new media especially virtual worlds, I can be creative and write stories of my own with animation.














1 comment:

  1. That game sounds pretty exciting! What caught my interest actually was that you can write the story for your own life. I really like to write stories and often times I write stories about what I want to happen or things I fantasize about. I wish I could play this game!

    ReplyDelete