About Me

My photo
:) Thanks for visiting my page! My name is Caroline and I go to Baruch College!

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Advice : Advice to Baruch College

I was hired by Baruch College to improve the college. The following is how I plan to improve the media at Baruch.  First, I want to expand the media outlets and second, I want to upgrade our social media sites.

I remember those old Freshman 101 days. Freshman seminar was boring but I always looked forward to writing blogs about my first days at Baruch. I think it would be better if our blogs don’t get deleted after a certain amount of time. I would want to look back at what were my problems and how I overcame them over the years. Another thing is we should start Baruch online newspapers, where students can send in about their daily life at school or their conflicts. No offense to Ticker, but online newspaper would be more efficient and more attractive to tech savvy students. Moreover, no use of paper means greener environment also.

As a potential freshman, I wanted to see what my school looked like and what student body at Baruch was like. However, there weren’t many videos on YouTube about Baruch college. Of course, there were some but they didn’t really make me excited about going to Baruch College. I think if we interview current students from different year of Baruch College about school culture, I think it will increase school enrollment.

We have a lot of Baruch groups on Facebook. I think having potential student group or sport buddy group can bring our student body closer. I believe new media is making our students into one community.

No comments:

Post a Comment