About Me

My photo
:) Thanks for visiting my page! My name is Caroline and I go to Baruch College!

Monday, March 10, 2014

Social Networking Sites

       Today, I would like to compare Facebook, Myspace, Twitter and Tumblr and share my impressions. Facebook is the most used social networking site undoubtedly. Facebook has higher privacy compared to Twitter or Myspace, which are more frequently used to make friends with strangers. I love Facebook because it is safe and easy to use. I have the option to filter the securities on everything. If there are photos that I want to share with only 10 friends out of my whole friend list, I can change the setting to “custom”.

         I am not really good with Twitter and Myspace because the functions do not appear as easy as or as attractive as Facebook. However, I really like Twitter’s hashtag, which Facebook recently has updated to attract more users.  From hashtag, we can find the similar topic/ trend to discuss about. Sometimes, we can also learn different perspectives from different people. Myspace is similar to Facebook but it is more focused on music and file sharing. But, not many people use it anymore. I have stopped using it after I started using Facebook.

          Tumblr might be my second most favorite place on internet after Facebook. I love reading people’s blogs especially my close friends’. Tumblr keeps me updated with my friends’ feelings and likes. What is really amazing about Tumblr is that we can also make private blogs that are protected by password. Thus, Tumblr can be our online diary where we can write down all our secrets ( from who you don’t like  to who you have a crush on) and keep safe. While physical diary can be accidentally discovered, Tumblr diary can never be found without a password. Besides, the use of hashtag in Tumblr also makes it easy for users to find their interests. My favorite hashtag on Tumblr are #healthyrecipes and #diygifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment